The Tales of Lord Lucian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Tales of Lord Lucian

Dedicated to the tales and travels of the illustrious bard, The Loquacious Lord Lucian, lover of ladies fair, leader and advisor of lords, honorary bard of the first order of Taliesan, keeper and protector of the great cauldron of inspiration

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Bard Brought Forth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Lucian
Admin

The Bard Brought Forth Empty
PostSubject: The Bard Brought Forth   The Bard Brought Forth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:24 am

Many have asked where the bard came from, and I have heard many tales told round the hearth at night. This is one of the tales I heard as I warmed myself near a fire one blustery winter night, when the wind was so cold it chilled you all the way cown to your soul...
It has been said that at the begining of time the gods of old had a great cauldron. Now in this cauldron was the essence of the gods themselves, the soul of creation. Everything that comes into our world starts as an image within the cauldrons dark watery depths... Soon the image evaporates, and becomes thought, and thought condenses into three parts, words deeds and the fabric of the universe. Now i'm telling you this so you'll know, so when the time comes you'll understand this process. For nothing comes into this world, nothing and nobody, that doesn't come into it this way. Nobody save for one...
Now it was in this cauldron that the gods of old first glimpsed the essence of the bard to be. And what they saw gave them a right start it did. For you see the gods of old were a jealous lot, and the man they saw within the cauldron could rival them in wit charm and beauty. And one god in particular even feared what he saw. You see in those dark days, the God of despair reigned supreme. He gripped the hearts of the people of all the races. But this Bard had the potential to overcome him, to wrest the peoples hearts from his icy grasp, and bring light to the shadows that had fallen across the land. So the God of despair, he reached deep into the cauldron and bottled up the essence of the bard to be. But fate could not so easily be thwarted...
You see, this could well have been the end of our tale, if not for the entry of a new character to our cast. The Goddess of trickery was different from the other gods, she wasn't so jealous, and even sought to make sport of the demeanor of her bretheren. Now this young goddess saw the fear in the eyes of her uncle, the God of Despair, and so she stole the bottle away from him and hid it in her keep. There she watched it every night before going to bed. Well soon she fell in love with the potential locked within the Bard to Be, and so sought to free him. She burst the bottle on the floor releasing the essence of the bard into the universe. Now if you recall nothing comes into the world without being distilled, and it was the lack of this step that gave the Bard the very traits the gods of old glimpsed within the cauldron. So he remained in the halls of the gods for a time, far from the world of men where he could cause the gods trouble. He was lover to the goddess who freed him, and she taught him the magics of the gods. But one god did not forget what he saw within the cauldron, and plotted to destroy the Bard, but that is a tale for another time...
Back to top Go down
https://talesofthebard.board-directory.net

The Bard Brought Forth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tales of Lord Lucian :: Legends of th Loquacious Lucian :: The Birth of a Bard-
Jump to: