The Tales of Lord Lucian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Tales of Lord Lucian

Dedicated to the tales and travels of the illustrious bard, The Loquacious Lord Lucian, lover of ladies fair, leader and advisor of lords, honorary bard of the first order of Taliesan, keeper and protector of the great cauldron of inspiration

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lucian and the Lord of the Hunt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Lucian
Admin

Lucian and the Lord of the Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Lucian and the Lord of the Hunt   Lucian and the Lord of the Hunt Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:54 am

Ahhh, so ye want to know what happened after the bard left Ellinost eh. Well gather around and I'll tell ye the tale of what happened next.
You see the bard he left in quite a hurry, the kings guard hot on his heels. So to escape the guard he made a daring move indeed, he hid in the NeverWood. Now everyone who knows of the NeverWood knows that those who enter never return, so the guards thought he was gone for sure. You see, the NeverWood is inhabited by some of the most devious Faries this world has ever known.
So soon the Bard found himself captured by the mischevious tricksters, who immediately took Lucian to thier Leader. So he found himself face to face with the Lord of the Hunt. As the lord of the hunt was about to sentence Lucian for Tresspasing in the NeverWood, the Loquacious One Used his silver tongue to change his fate.
The Bard challenged the Lord of the Hunt to a contest. "Name your terms" said the fairy king.
"Good King,"began Lucian" it is well known that thou art the lord of the hunt, and as such are the greatest Tracker the world over. But I know of one prey that thou would not let out of your sight, short of closing your eyes or covering them."
"What blasphemy is this" retorted the king. "There is no prey I will not let out of my sight, for I can track anything. So sure am I of this, that if I do not let it out of my sight I will not only free you, but make you king of the Fairies of the NeverWood."
The bard grinned a bit, then spoke again, "If that be true, and thy will then I will tell you the prey."
The Lord of the hunt replied, "It is my will, name it."
The bard now smiled ear to ear as he said, "Good King, the prey you seek is especially dangerous, and cunning, though not so cunning as me, For your prey is none other than the lord of the hunt."
Now bound by his oath, and unable to leave his sight, the Lord of the hunt had no choice but to Make Lucian the King of the fairies of the NeverWood, where he would remain, for a time...
Back to top Go down
https://talesofthebard.board-directory.net

Lucian and the Lord of the Hunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tales of Lord Lucian :: Legends of th Loquacious Lucian :: The Bard comes of age-
Jump to: